2013 Review of the UK Health and Fitness Industry and 2014 Outlook
Today I am publishing my 2013/2014 review of the UK Health and Fitness Industry. The document captures the key events that shaped the industry during 2013 and then discusses the outlook for 2014. The report (in PDF form) can be downloaded from my Knowledge Store.
A review of 2013
- Changes in the mid-market
- A new ‘leaner-looking’ fitness first
- Consumer sentiment towards the industry
- The UK National Retention Report
- Strategic moves by existing industry players
- Business growth fund says yes
- David Lloyd Leisure moves to new owner
- The changing structure of the industry
- Growing reach of low-cost gyms
- Testing and validation of new concepts
- Dedicated indoor cycling studios
- New opportunities for the public sector
- Are clubs really paying attention?
- Beware the march of the salami-slicers
Purchase from my Knowledge Store.